Thursday, January 27, 2011

Yet Another Snow Day, Yay!

Pouring Black Beans

Lacing

She made the letter i!!  Sandpaper letters and sandtray

I Spy Game



Spindle Box


This week has been busy, so we were very happy to have an extra day off.  We spent a crazy amount of time working today.  I'm not sure where they get the energy, but I'm exhausted!  As I post this I realize that I did not invite them to work today, and I did not invite them to any of these activities:  they wanted to work!!!  Hooray!  Truthfully, I was looking forward to a day of movies.  Hey, they know what is best.

A quick run-down:  
  • I saved all of my winter-themed holiday cards, laminated them and made hole punches for lacing.  
  • The sand tray is just a wooden box, that came with a cover.  I needed something with high sides for the tots, I find that if the sides are about 3" they are more apt to use just the one finger.  I glued 4 popsicle sticks to the cover to display one sandpaper letter at a time.   
  • My I spy game is from Montessori For Learning.  I added these little glass circles to mark the pictures for her, they are great because they magnify the picture.  She told me that it's her favorite thing in the house.   



4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Jessie!! I just found your blog ad I LOVE IT!! Your girls and beautiful!! Love this post of the NO movies day!!!lol Thanks for share the great activites!!

A hug from Puerto Rico!
Karen

Mommy Moment said...

Looks like a lot of great work!
Just to let you know, the link is not working. Is this the one? http://www.montessoriforlearning.com/

Have a great day. We are all sick :(

The Education Of Ours said...

Welcome, Karen! Thanks for the kind comments.

Jody, I hope you all get better soon. Lots of relaxing and hydration. Thinking of you!

Jedda said...

What a fun idea!