Sunday, August 22, 2010
Elementary Movements, Rolling a Mat
Unrolled rug on floor, place to return rugs.
1. Invite children to watch.
2. Kneel down near short edge of rug.
3. Place hands over center of edge.
4. Curl rug in with your fingers to make first roll.
5. Continue to roll rug up, pulling rug towards you.
6. Roll slowly.
7. Stop and tap rolled edges on left and right, so they are even.
8. Continue rolling and tapping until rug is all rolled up.
9. Replace rug correctly.
1. Presented in small or large groups.
2. Young children may find it easier to creep up with the rug as they roll it up. This is done at first, because most likely children will figure out immediately how to unroll a rug.