Friday, August 3, 2012

A Color Filled Pear Room for Our Sweet Pair

For Iris and Sarah's 4th birthday, we decided to give them a more cheerful room.  Madeline saw Enzo Mari in one of my magazines and thought to paint her own version as their presents.  We are so pleased with the results.
Painting the red pear for Sarah, how personalized!
Our finished pears hung over our big kid beds (we formerly used floorbeds, this is a big step!)
Our toys and books.  We recently removed the letters, so that they are interesting and exciting at Montessori School this fall.
Our clothing drawers.
Art display, kid changeable.
Room view from my tip toes.  It's a small space, but we now have the room  for our individual treasures.   They love their new bedroom, hand made by Madeline (who was 5) and Mom!

7 comments:

Cherine M said...

What a beautiful room, and summer you are having...amazing!!!

Margaret said...

I was too afraid to do a floor bed for my daughter when I was pregnant, but now that my daughter is three months old I am considering it. We've coselpt up until now, but she's napped in her crib since the beginning.
Any tips for doing the floor bed? Do you think it would be weird to switch now?

Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

To Margaret,

I don't think it's too late to switch to a floorbed at all. Your baby is probably just starting to move around more, what a great time for more freedome! As long as the rest of the room is safe, and stairways are gated well, the floorbed is a great way to sleep! She'll spend a ton of time there as she gets older, too.

No tips, just safety advice: be sure to keep the room clear of small things for mouthing. Keep the floorbed really low, and cushion the floor with a nice thick rug. I pinned a few cute floorbeds on pinterest...

http://pinterest.com/jessiebeerman/cute-kid-spaces/

Good luck! And congrats, Mama!!

Jessie

Margaret said...

Thanks, Jessie. I think we are going to go for it. My daughter has a medical condition that requires us to massage and wrap her leg at night, and she generally falls asleep while we do that in our bed- obviously that wouldn't work in her crib!
Her room is already a Montessori setup so we don't need to change much. I will check out those pins!

Tulip TrueAim said...

A beautiful space. I love the pears! New follower. Hope to see you at True Aim.

AP said...

Hello there! I just came across your blog from My Montessori Moments, and I would LOVE to know where you got the pink(?) and orange cursive name prints displayed over the bookcase. Adorable! Thank you in advance!

Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

I got the name prints on Etsy- but it seems like that shop is no longer open. Thanks for visiting!!!!