This giveaway is now closed, the links below are still working. Thanks for your interest :) This week, I'm very excited to be hosting a giveaway from Montessori At Home! and Montessori Print Shop. PLUS, Montessori At Home! Is giving these two winners the latest edition of the Montessori At Home! eBook. This giveaway is the perfect pairing for families and schools! There will be TWO winners who get the Montessori At Home! Materials Bundle , full of amazing printables for Montessori. We actually have the bundle and use it a TON. It is so very useful, a great collection for parents and teachers. Bean works with her sentences ( Montessori At Home! means we work in PJs!) The Montessori At Home! Materials Bundle includes 21 printable files that compliment the Montessori At Home! eBook. The MAH Materials Bundle includes materials from most areas covered in the eBook, and will get you off to a great start learning ...
Comments
I don't have a separate place for Bean, but some of her things aren't on this shelf. She keeps her movable alphabet in a higher spot, so her 3 year old twin sisters don't unsort them! She does a lot of work with art, science, and math in her room or outdoors. Plus, she's going to be in a full day K next year- giving her the summer 'off', but keeping all the classics out.
By work cycle, do you mean the process of choosing work, completing it, returning it? Or is it completing a work cycle of 3 hours?
Do you have any ideas how to work with J-jo (23 months) on increasing his concentration. Maybe I have too much out on the shelves and should just take a weekend to remove things (I like how you have just a few things) but he seems to just flit from thing to thing. He'll get excited, get something out, then just as quickly see something else and forget the first thing. Bear never did that, so I am at a loss for what to do. You can also answer me in an email if you prefer. thegirlwhopaintedtrees at gmail dot com.
Thanks.
If he doesn't love that, try making materials stationary, working right on a table or right on a mat. Littles have trouble traveling sometimes. I did a lot last year for the twins where they were just working right off the table- no need to travel.
Really though, he's little and his concentration has to develop on his own. Water usually works for tots, try adding more water!!!
Thank you for the link. Out of the five listed reducing clutter is the one we struggle most with. I also notice what I am doing while he is working in his studio effects his focus. It is hard with only one child. Today he spent a long time emptying a shelf, dusting it and then returning the work. He prefers work that he can explore and figure out for himself vs. work that is designed to be done as demonstrated. How do I am get him to focus on completing the task as demonstrated without interrupting him? Thank you!